Promoting Visibility and Profits Using eCommerce Marketing Strategies
Promoting your ecommerce business certainly won’t be easy, but with the professional help of WSI it doesn’t have to be hard. Expand your focus and concentrate just as much on your long term approaches as you do your short term goals while you promote your visibility alongside your products.
A period of trial and error isn’t always necessary when it comes to ecommerce marketing strategies. We suggest that you:
- Be persistent. Give your marketing strategies time to work rather than give up on them after two months.
- Start small, but think big. You more than likely won’t get a TKO on your first hit. Try out several different marketing moves until you find your rhythm.
- Market for the ecommerce company you want, not the one you have. Just because your ecommerce company is small doesn’t mean that you have to market yourself as such. Learn from the bigger and older ecommerce companies and see what works for them while you’re devising your strategy.
- Tighten your focus. While you want as much business as possible, you don’t want to market your products or services to as many people as possible. It’s better that you focus your marketing efforts to a specific demographic, age group and even the interests of your target customer base.
- Expect to lose money before you earn money. Just as you have to spend money to make money, you also have to lose money in order to make money. Whenever you do lose money, analyze the situation and find out the how and why rather than become purely emotional over the loss.
Take Care of Your Current Customers
While you’re working on improving your profits and visibility, don’t neglect the customers that you already have. Remind them of why they chose you in the first place, that you’re doing everything you can to take great care of them and that you truly value their service. You never know when one of your current customers might lead you to several more new customers. As you work on gaining more, don’t forget to take care of what you already have.
Review and Upgrade Your Site
All aspects of your ecommerce site need to be its absolute best at all times. Click through your site and make sure that everything is in good working order and that your prices, products, services and contact info are all up to date. Your product selection and shopping cart functions will need to be regularly reviewed as well your web analytics data. If you can, give your site an upgrade so that pages load faster, everything looks more professional and that new visitors get a true sense of your business and what you bring to the table that other companies in your industry don’t.
Consider an email campaign where you send regular newsletters, company news, targeted promotions and sales to customers who sign up for your mailing list. Make sure that you don’t bombard them with useless information and that you target your promotions and sales to customers who are actually interested in them.
If you need to work with an expert that can help you with ecommerce marketing strategies contact us today.
Get in touch with an expert today