Effective B2B Marketing Strategies to Promote Your Business
At WSI we understand that marketing to other businesses doesn’t work the same as marketing to consumers. Before you start groaning at the fact that you have to learn another way of advertising your products or services, you’ll be glad to learn that B2B marketing strategies are actually easier than B2C marketing strategies. There is less vagueness and guesswork when it comes to marketing to other businesses with B2B marketing.
Identify Your Targeted Audience
The very first thing you need to do is identify your targeted audience. When you sell to businesses you need to define who the people are in those businesses (sometimes referred to as personas), what they do, the responsibilities they have, the things they read about, and the problems and challenges they face. You then need to communicate how your products or services address those issues using online B2B marketing strategies. While you may want to reach as many people as you can, you also want to focus on individuals who will get the most use out of your products and services. This includes:
- Learn what type of information your targeted audience reads and how they consume it (smartphone, email, social media, video)
- What things your targeted audience reads and searches for online and the problems and issues they face
- The features and benefits that your service or product offers that addresses the needs of your targeted audience
If you haven’t jumped onto the blogging train, it’s time for you to buy your ticket and climb aboard. Blogging is an effective and affordable marketing strategy no matter who your audience is. As you’re building your blog, there are certain areas that you’ll want to focus on. Specifically:
- Show that you’re a knowledgeable expert in your industry. You don’t have to be the absolute best of the best, but make it clear that you know what’s going on in the industry and that you realize what you can do for other businesses.
- Post consistently. You don’t have to post every day, or even every other day. Start slow with one post a week until you get into the swing of blogging. After a while you can decide whether or not you want to post more than once a week.
- Decide on what you’ll post about. For ideas, check professional publications and trade magazines to see what’s trending and what you have to contribute to the discussion. Don’t simply recycle what’s being said or skirt the issue, really dive deep and let your audience know what you think.
Utilize Social Media
The advertising methods that you used for consumers won’t be the same that you use for other businesses. Just like you have to go where the consumers are, you also have to go where other businesses are. Don’t forget about professional social media sites while you’re developing your online B2B marketing strategies, especially LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is the Facebook for professionals who talk about what’s going on in the industry and in their business rather than what’s going on with the latest “reality” TV show. Studies have shown that more leads and converts are obtained through LinkedIn when compared to leads and converts made through Twitter and Facebook. While Facebook and Twitter are undoubtedly useful for marketing and advertising, LinkedIn is where you’ll want to go to find B2B connections. Just like with your blog, you’ll want to be consistently active on LinkedIn. Don’t be afraid to add a link to your latest blog post and start a discussion.
Tips for B2B Marketing Strategies
Now that you have a starting point for B2B marketing strategies, you’ll want to strategize wisely. Gather testimonials from your past customers and business partners so that you’ll be able to show future customers what they can expect from your business. Some of your customer success stories and case studies should be used as part of your online content marketing strategy. As you take on new business, ask customers how they originally found your company and use that information to better target future business through those specific mediums.
Get in touch with an expert today