Summary: Has the impact of COVID-19 sped up the need to digitally transform your business? Learn five ways this can be done for top results with our webinar recap below.
As a leader in digital marketing with the largest network of digital marketing consultants, WSI conducted a monthly webinar to discuss how you can digitally transform your business in 2021. This webinar was presented by Kelly Biggs, a WSI consultant with over 20 years’ experience in sales and marketing, obtained her MBA in 2009, and has won numerous awards including Top Sales Consultant at Fortune 500 and small to medium businesses.
The recorded webinar is available to watch here.
What is Digital Transformation?
Let’s start with a definition: “Digital transformation integrates digital technology into all business areas, resulting in fundamental changes in how your business operates and the value you deliver to your customers. Transformation in your business is driven by customers rather than the business itself.”
Should You Digitally Transform Your Business?
This question requires some soul-searching and introspective thinking for most business owners. Some indicators that it’s time to digitally transform your business include the following:
- Decrease (or lack of) in referrals
- Repeat business from existing customers is falling off
- Your technology and how you market your business looks outdated
Five Ways to Digitally Transform Your Business
End-to-end digital processes keep the customer in mind and should be performed concurrently and continuously.
- Attracting Prospects
Inbound marketing in an effective way to attract prospects to your website by using enticing and informative content. The content needs to be developed for your target audience by reviewing information from keyword research and promoting it using tactics that can include PPC, SEO, content marketing, influencers, social.
Optimize the results of inbound marketing by:
- Leveraging keyword research to increase the reach of content from SEO and PPC
- Understanding your target market by developing buyer personas
- Showing up where your customers are – for B2B on LinkedIn, for millennials on Instagram
- Convert Visitors
Conversion tools help convert visitors into leads. Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the intersection of the following things:
- Your Company goals – create content for customers that adds value, connects, is informative and not overly sales-y.
- User intent – install software (like Crazyegg or Luckyorange) to get information on how visitors are interfacing on your website.
- Website experience – review the user experience of your website to see if it creates distractions rather than conversions.
- Close More Leads
When you capture leads in your marketing or sales funnel, you want to turn them into customers. There are some marketing and sales automation tools that you need to keep in mind that include:
- Create workflows in advance and automate repeatable processes
- Define your sales and marketing KPIs to increase ROI
- Personalize the customer experience
- Increase the efficiency of your sales team
Email automation helps to nurture top-of-funnel leads as they move through to sales-qualified leads.
- Use an intriguing subject line
- Personalize the content for your customer
- Mention the purpose
- Send content based on their expressed interests
- End with a good Call to Action (CTA)
Customer relationship management (CRM) – allows sales teams to track and nurture leads through the sales funnel using established processes until the sale is closed.
- Define and establish sales stages for your business
- Set weekly cadence
- Review stalled deals
- Evaluate data without judgement
- Delight Customers
Online reputation management (ORM) allows you to control online conversations about your business. Since 79% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations you should do the following:
- Set up a process to proactively get reviews
- Respond to all reviews within 24 hours. If you get a bad review follow up and do what you can to remedy the situation
- Track and measure your reviews to identify how you can improve
- Measure Promoters
Measure your efforts using all the relevant analytics tools- website analytics, Google ads, social platforms and online visibility to do the following:
- Monitor performance to track trends
- Understand your client’s acquisition, behavior, conversion process
- Develop your strategy
- Look for shifts and changes in your market
- Measure your ROI
For more information on how you can digitally transform your business, contact your local WSI Consultant. Or view entire webinar, 5 Ways to Digitally Transform Your Business in 2021, here:
About the Author
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Don't stop the learning now!
A Digital Marketing Agency’s Role in Boosting Your Marketing Efforts
Summary: The partnership between a digital marketer and business owners has never been more important. Learn why collaboration and communication is so vital for a successful relationship and how you can identify a good agency to work with. It’s no longer possible for a small or medium-sized B2B company to ignore digital business channels. …READ MORE
The Big Local SEO Opportunity
Small businesses far and wide have come to understand the power of local search engine optimization (local SEO). As a business owner or manager, you may still be trying to wrap your head around the concept of organic SEO, and understanding the differences between the various SEO strategies. Fortunately, incorporating a local search engine optimization …READ MORE
Succeeding in the New Normal with LinkedIn
WSI recently hosted a webinar on how to strengthen your network and brand with digital marketing on LinkedIn. Gunnar Hood, a WSI consultant in Oklahoma City and author of the chapter in our eBook about LinkedIn, shared his experience as an expert with B2B and professional service companies. You can watch the recording here. The …READ MORE