Summary: A quick recap, plus the recording from our webinar on the data-driven tips you need to know for using digital advertising for your business.
During April and May of this year, WSI conducted a free webinar series to share digital marketing tips, tricks, and best practices to help businesses overcome the marketing obstacles we are facing in today’s business world. After the series concluded we continued on our mission to keep educating clients on digital marketing.
Below is a recap of the information presented, along with the recording, from the latest client webinar on data-driven ways to reach your ideal customers using digital advertising. In this session Gabor Markus, a WSI Consultant and author, discussed information from one of the chapters of WSI’s best-selling book, “Digital Minds: A Strategic Approach to Connecting and Engaging with Your Customers Online.
The questions you need to ask
Identifying your ideal customer and where to find them is a crucial factor in digital advertising. Begin by developing semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on data and your understanding of their motivations and challenges – we call this a buyer persona. This will help you develop the right messaging to the right person at the right time.
Below are seven questions that will help you develop leads from prospects successfully using digital marketing advertising.
- What is their intent? When searching on Google, ads need to use effective keywords to attract more traffic to your website.
- Who are they? Do your prospects prefer Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or another social network? The top choice for most digital ads is Facebook since it is easy to prospect leads by targeting those who have similar preferences, interests, and professions as your ideal client.
- What do they do? LinkedIn stands out as the most popular platform to identify the profession or job your prospects have when comparing LinkedIn and sponsored updates.
- Where are they? You should track your leads and confirm their location by using the tactics that may include geotargeting, and geofencing.
- What are they saying? While Twitter may not be as popular as Instagram and Facebook, it has a unique factor that the other platforms do not have. Statistics show 500 million people visit Twitter each month without logging in.
- What are they watching? YouTube provides the capability to choose when you want your ad shown- either at the beginning of a video (pre-roll), in the middle, or as a display ad. With over 49 billion users, the average person spends forty minutes watching YouTube content daily.
- Where are they surfing? The secret to successful remarketing is ensuring that you immediately track the user with cookies once they visit your site. Once your prospect leaves the site, your ad can appear while they are searching on Google for other sites prompts your prospects to revisit your site.
The steps to follow in finding your ideal customers using digital advertising include:
- Defining the persona of your target audience and the platforms they use;
- Carefully evaluating the demand for your specific product or service;
- Creating an attractive offer and adapted it for the chosen platform;
- Testing and fine-tuning your digital marketing strategy.
We’re here to help and keep your business moving forward
For more details on all of the above, watch the recording from our webinar, “7 Data-Driven Ways to Reach Your Ideal Customers Using Digital Advertising,” below.
About the Author
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Don't stop the learning now!
Succeeding in the New Normal with LinkedIn
WSI recently hosted a webinar on how to strengthen your network and brand with digital marketing on LinkedIn. Gunnar Hood, a WSI consultant in Oklahoma City and author of the chapter in our eBook about LinkedIn, shared his experience as an expert with B2B and professional service companies. You can watch the recording here. The …READ MORE
Why Investing in SEO is a Good Business Choice
While Google continues to change their search engine algorithm to incorporate machine learning and related features to improve their search results, businesses also find themselves continuing to spend more on digital marketing services. It can be hard to decide exactly where to best spend that money, especially if you have a limited marketing budget. One …READ MORE
Digital Marketing Best Practices in Manufacturing
Summary: Are you in the manufacturing space? Then check out our expert panel discussion all the digital marketing best practices you need to be aware of. Manufacturers have been impacted by the COVID-19 lock-down measures on trade shows and public events and need an effective digital marketing plan and strategy to promote their products to …READ MORE